Sunday, February 15, 2015

Winter Garden Photo Update

We are nearing the end of the "winter garden" and getting closer to the spring. I have month-old eggplant, tomato, and pepper starts growing in the kitchen and my order from Baker Heirloom Seeds arrived.

Here's an update on the plants that have been growing through the cold months:
  • Admiral Peas (mainly for soup) took longer to start than the snap peas but they are flowering a lot now. They also don't grow nearly as tall as the other peas but that has not seemed to stop them from producing.
  • Both of my broccoli plants have heads & I plan to eat the larger one tonight so it will produce some more.
  • Garlic is doing great! Every clove came up and they look healthy. I should be able to harvest it before the summer.
  • Rainbow Chard finally recovered from the fall caterpillar damage and looks healthy again, though small. I had a plastic cone over it for the past month or so to help it out.
  • All of the artichokes in the front yard look GREAT!
  • Cheddar Cauliflower just started on my plants--you can see the little yellowish-white nub of it on the plants.





 









No comments: